Sunday 15 September 2013


First Blog

  I figured it was about time that I joined the 21st century and create myself a blog. Not that I have anything significant to add to the plethora of discussion populating the internet, however I hope that there will be at least a few people interested in what I have to say, if for no other reason than to save the embarrassment of talking to myself. This blog will most likely consist primarily of my reflections on my modelling and the industry as a whole, peppered with my thoughts on the Toronto Blue Jays from time to time. 

Time to get back to modelling


  For no particular reason, I've been putting it off for ages. Not necessarily a lack of interest in modelling, I have sudden bursts of inspiration where I picture some spectacular modelling. I envision heaps of intricate detail along the lines of what some of the guys I most admire do with ease, however the thoughts quickly pass as one form of distraction or another pops up and I find myself busy with something else.
  I have had this magnificent Revell 32nd Bf 109G-6 sitting around, languishing in the "To Do" pile for a couple months now and with the assembly line quickly backing up, I have decided there is no time like the present to get cracking with it.
  Modelling is like baseball I guess and hopefully my skills have not deteriorated through inactivity. I am going to give this a proper go and see how much additional detail I can add in a short time frame, as this article needs to be finished in the next 10 days, if I am to get it into the November issue of SAM as planned...

Right after the Bills game that is...

2 comments:

  1. Hi jay ,
    Good to see you getting back to modelling for pleasure, I was beginning to think you had moved to the moon! . Hopefully see you at scale model world .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, I appreciate the kind words! I will be at SMW with Alclad this year, so come by and say hello!

    All the best,

    Jay

    ReplyDelete